Monday, November 26, 2012

Soccer

Nathanial really wanted to do soccer this year and I was all for him trying it out.  I was looking at registration for soccer and swimming.  They overlapped each other, there was no way to do both.  I decided to sign him up for swimming and organize my own soccer league.  I ended up with close to 40 soccer players!  It was great!  We made 4 teams: 2 younger (yellow and green) and 2 older (red and blue).  We had a practice and scrimmage every Saturday for several weeks.  I asked for parents to be soccer coaches and it turned out AMAZING!!! And the best part? It was FREE! I couldn't have made this work without all the wonderful parents.
The green team practice (Christopher)
 It was really cute to watch the younger kids play soccer, most of them were 2 and 3 year-olds with a few 4 year-olds.
Ryan was in charge of keeping track of Emily while I made sure everybody had what they needed
 The red and blue teams had AMAZING coaches!  Thanks Luke, Justin, and Nate!  They really knew what they were doing and taught the kids some great drills. (I have to appoligise for the pictures, I set my settings while taking pictures of Chirstopher, who played in the shade, and didn't change them when I took pictures of Nathanial)
Nathanial was on the red team
Every Saturday, Ryan and I woke up early to get our kids ready and to load the four soccer nets in our car to set up the field before everyone showed up.  I am thankful that I was able to let kids play soccer who might not have otherwise. It was stressful for a while but in the end it was worth it!

No comments: