Friday, March 2, 2012

Nathanial's Talk

On Sunday, February 12th, Nathanial gave a talk in Primary about Nephi and the broken bow.
"When Lehi's family left Jerusalem they took their bows and arrows so they could hunt for food.  Nephi's strong steel bow broke, and his brothers' bows had lost their spring and didn't work.  Everyone was hungry and started to complain, even Lehi.  Nephi didn't complain, instead he made a new wooden bow and arrow.  Then he asked his father where he should go hunting.
"Lehi was sorry that he had complained and asked the Lord where to send Nephi to hunt.  The Lord answered his prayer.  Nephi brought back many wild beasts to feed their families.  Everyone was happy and thanked Heavenly Father for helping them." ^1
"Nephi's family was blessed because Nephi chose the right instead of complaining.  We are commanded to choose the right.  I will choose the right just like Nephi and I will reply, "I will go, I will do, the things the Lord Commands, I know the Lord provides a way, He wants me to obey."^2

1. More of My First Book of Mormon Stories Retold by Deanna Draper Buck Illustrated by Jerry Harston, Copyright 2005.
2. "Nephi's Courage" Children's Song Book, pg. 120

No comments: