Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Emily 10 Months

On March 6th Emily turned 10 months!  I can't believe how fast time is going.  We went to her 10 month check-up where she weighed in at 13 lbs. 2 1/2 oz.  I added Emily's growth chart to the blog so that everyone can see what we are talking about when we talk about her growth chart and not following a curve.  
This is going to be a little jumbled because I am just going to write down my thoughts as they come to mind:
After talking to the doctor today he removed her diagnosis as Failure To Thrive, which makes me happy.  But we still know that there is something going on.  We were going to do more blood work but the doctor wants to wait until she is 1 to do that.  He feels that since she is spitting up less that she is probably growing out of this reflux thing and will probably start to gain more weight. So now we are going to wait and see what she looks like at 1 year.  
Another reason she may not be gaining as much weight as she should is because she still has two ear infections.  I will need to bring her back to the doctor in 3 weeks to make sure that they are better.  
Our pediatrician works in an office with several (I think 6) other pediatricians and has spoke to most of them about Emily so we have a whole team of doctors on our side.
So now we wait and pray that everything has worked itself out and that at 1 year everything will be fine.
We are very thankful for all the thoughts and prayers that have been said for Emily.

3 comments:

Lanie Sue Madere said...

I am so very glad she is doing better. All of our prayers are working. I have faith that she will start growing as she should. I sure love her and will keep praying for her. I know many others will keep the prayers coming as well. I love you Kara and admire what a great mother, wife and friend you are. Your family is lucky to have you. Give Emily a kiss from me.

granyj said...

My dear family, I'm so pleased Emily is gainnig some weight. She is such a sweet tiny little girl. I can't hardly beleive 1st b/d's are so near. How happy to know she is cared for by so many Pediatricians what a blessing. Mily you keep gainning and progressing.

Anonymous said...

I just read your blog - SO HAPPY about Emily - it sounds like good news. Maybe that reflux has been the problem all along. I hope her ear infections will clear up and everything will be A-OK next time you take her to the doctor. :-) love you, pj