Saturday, January 28, 2012

This is Life

Emily is growing up so fast.  She is still a petite girl but her personality is blossoming.  She also has figured out that all she has to do is flex her little finger and Daddy is by her side.  Ryan loves his little girl, even though she is a TOTAL mama's girl.
On January 2nd we pulled out the Jump-a-Roo for Emily, she was grinning from ear to ear!
We have had a VERY mild winter this year.  It snows one day and melts the next.  It snowed on January 3rd so I took the boys outside to make snow angels.
Christopher's snow angel, Nathanial's snow angel, and my snow angel
Christopher making his second snow angel
Christopher's snow angel
Nathanial's snow angel
Nathanial has caught a creative bug and now he wants to build and make different things.
After playing out in the snow on the 3rd he came in and built a tower and wanted me to take a picture of it.
Being in dental school is hard on the budget so Ryan and I have been trying to come up with cheap but fun date ideas.  We have played games before but one of us (usually me) ends up going to bed mad after losing.  We are both really competitive and don't like to lose to each other.  So our solution? Puzzles.  It gives us a chance to turn off the t.v. and computer and just talk.
January 6th
Speaking of "mild" winters on Saturday January 7th it was in the 50's so we got out the boys' bikes to let them ride for a while.
(I think we need to wash our cars)
One of the things that I hope our kids will remember when they think about their childhood is Ryan reading them bedtime stories.  I started to read to them but Ryan took over and it is something that the kids look forward to every night.
Ryan reading the 5th Harry Potter book
Nathanial laying in bed listening to the story
Christopher moving around in his bed so he wont fall asleep while listening to the story
Emily holds a special place in Ryan's heart.  On January 11th Emily decided that she was going to help Ryan play video games.
I love her eyes.
Trying to figure out a way to eat the remote
She got it!
What a cute little girl!
I got my new camera back in November but really haven't had a chance/time/desire to play around with the settings.  One night while Ryan was watching the Hulk I got out the camera and played.  I was playing with the manual settings and here is what I came up with (January 13th)...
Emily eating pizza
I was taking pictures of Emily and Christopher wanted me to take his
Another note from Nathanial's creative side...he made a tent out of his blanket and dresser
January 14th
Christopher jumped in the picture
I was playing around with my camera and Emily just happened to be my photo subject on January 15th

2 comments:

CJ & LJ said...

You and Ryan have such CUTE kids! I am glad all is well and you took a little break this winter. Thanks for the update.

Julie Miles said...

Emily's eyes . . . LOVE THEM! Her hair is really starting to thicken and grow. I JUST LOVE THOSE KIDDOS ;)