Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Emily 7 Month Check-Ups

Emily has been having weight issues since she was born, she is on the "small" side.  On December 8th we took her in and she weighed 11 lbs 14 oz.  I was surprised that she hadn't surpassed the 12 pound mark.  The doctor was concerned and told me to add 1 tsp of oil to her food to see if we can fatten her up.  He also wanted me to come back in a week to see if she is gaining weight.  He also talked about doing her 1 year blood work at 8 months just to make sure that everything is OK with her.  I came home that day very heavy-hearted. Ryan and our friend, Dan, gave Emily a blessing.
On December 16th we took Emily back in to check her weight and she weighed 12 lbs 2 oz!  I was so happy!  She gained 4 oz. in a week, that is wonderful for Emily!
We have to take her back to the doctor in 2 weeks to check her weight again.

4 comments:

granyj said...

I'm so happy Emily is gaining a few ounces. I put her name on the prayer list a couple weeks ago when I went. Will try to remember again.

penny said...

Emily is beautiful! I hope she'll never have to worry about weighing too much...and I also hope she'll make the doctor happy when she goes in again. :-)

Julie Miles said...

As long as she is healthy . . . small is okay! Love those eyes and that smile ;)

Angel said...

We are so happy to hear she is doing well! Keep us posted! Tell the Kiddos we send our love!