Sunday, January 15, 2012

A Missing Tooth and More

On Friday, December 16th, Ryan gave the boys the wish bone from the turkey that had been drying.
Getting ready to pull (12/16/2011)
This is what happens when I tell Christopher to smile - he makes a funny face!
Ready, set, pull!  It wasn't quite dry enough to break.
Emily and Nathanial look a lot alike!
NO ONE can make Emily laugh like Nathanial can!
On December 17th it finally snowed enough and long enough to play in it.
Ryan buried Christopher in the snow.
He was having lots of fun!
Then he wanted to get out...
Snow was flying everywhere...
Then he wanted to be buried again...
Silly boy!
All my boys playing in the snow.
Smile!
My boys LOVE to eat snow, they call it FREE ice cream!
After Nathanial watched Christopher being buried he decided he wanted to be buried too.
Ryan did a good job burying Nathanial.
Only his head was sticking out
A red dot in the snow
Then he wiggled out.
We were reading on Scott and Denisse's blog about Brielle losing her teeth.  Nathanial's teeth have been loose for a while but we haven't really tried to pull them out.  On December 17th Nathanial came up to Ryan with floss in his hands and said, "Daddy, can you do what Brielle's dad did to her" in reference to Scott tying floss to Brielle's tooth and then tying it to the door.  Ryan told Nathanial "no" but that he would tie floss to his tooth, thinking that Nathanial would play with it for a minute or two and then ask to take it off.  Ryan was tying the floss on with a slip knot.  As he put the floss on his tooth it slipped below the cingulum (the bump on the tongue side of the tooth) and it just popped out of Nathanial's mouth.  He was so excited!
Nathanial's first lost tooth 12/17/2011
I asked him to smile so that I could see the hole in his mouth and this is what I get...
That night the tooth fairy came...
The next morning Nathanial was happy with what he found.
Also December 17th Ryan and I celebrated our 7-year anniversary!  It is strange to think that we have been married for 7 years!  We have had our ups and downs but we would do it all over again!
December 17, 2004
To celebrate our anniversary we decided to splurge a little (OK a lot) and go to The Melting Pot! It did not disappoint!  My favorite was the spinach and artichoke cheese dip, it was by far the BEST thing that I have EVER ate!
Nathanial and Ryan were able to finish putting together the Harry Potter Castle.  It was huge!
Nathanial playing with his castle.
Nathanial even let Christopher play, as long as he was Malfoy
One day while sitting down to dinner we discovered that we had a french fry thief in the house.  As we looked around we discovered is was EMILY!! In a blink of an eye she grabbed the paper towel that the fries were on pulled it towards her and then grabbed a fry before Ryan or I could stop her.
The empty plate is where the fries use to be.
She is a sneaky little girl!
Ryan and I were asked to give a talk on Sunday, December 18th.  On our way to church Christopher threw up.  So I had to take him home and didn't have to give my talk. I wish that I would have been able to listen to Ryan's talk.  Ryan and I were the only ones scheduled to speak.  I gave Ryan my talk and told him that he could give it for me.  They ended up asking 3 people from the congregation if they would talk about a Christmas tradition from their childhood.
 

1 comment:

Julie Miles said...

Nater LOST a tooth a month ago!?!?!?! Boy, do I feel out-of-the-loop! Such a momentous occasion:) Glad you got some snow to play in (and get pics) . . . we're still waiting (it will probably show up around girls camp time). Seven years for you guys. It seems just like yesterday. It's pretty amazing what those 7 yrs have brought you: One kid losing a tooth, another giving cheezy grins, and yet another snatching the french fries! WOW! Life's tender mercies . . . LOVE IT!