Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Emily's Room

We have been working on a few things for Emily's room and other than painting touch-ups (we are waiting on our landlord for that) her room is done.  I am very happy with the way that it turned out.  The boys are always saying how pretty it looks.  It all started back in December when we found out that we were having a girl that I decided that I wanted to paint all of the nursery furniture white.  I started to take the crib and changing table apart.  We then found out that our crib has been recalled twice for two different reasons.  We took it back to the store where we originally bought it back when I was expecting Nathanial and they returned it and gave us the full price that we paid for it over 4 years ago!  We ended up buying a new crib. Here are the pictures of her completed room:
Here are her headbands and bows: (I painted the frames and added the fabric and ribbon to them)
These are the pictures that we have been working on for FHE.  They were painted and I added stickers to them:

Christopher painted this one:
Nathanial painted this one:
Ryan painted this one:
Here is Emily's crib:
I hand quilted the blanket and made the pillows, bumper, and crib skirt:
This end table was given to us. Ryan took it apart, sanded it, added a new top and I painted it:
I painted the wall shelves and the changing table, Ryan put it together and added the green contact paper to the changing table shelves:
I also made matching curtains:
I originally got this idea from my friend, Jen.  I painted the frames and added in the letter E M I L Y:
This is across from her crib, it is a cross-stitched blanket that my mom made:
We have decided that this little girl's name is going to be Emily Lynn Jensen.  We both really like the name Emily and Lynn is my middle name.  Instead of calling her Emi for short we are going to call her Mily (Millie).  Millie is Grandma Jensen's mother.

8 comments:

penny said...

LOVE it!!! :-)

Karen said...

Oh Kara, you are so creative! What a wonderful home little Emily is coming to.

CJ & LJ said...

Looks fabulous! You seriously have waaaaay more energy than I do. Can I borrow some? Good luck with all. I am anxiously awaiting a call that says Millie is here. =)

grandma said...

Thanks for calling Emily by my moms name it means so much to me. Love all the fun things you've done to make her a room for a girl and will be so happy to hear she's arrived.

deana said...

You have done an excellent job, like all the ideas. Emily will be well loved.

Shawny said...

So cute! The bedding is adorable and I love the handpainted art.

Julie Miles said...

Ditto to all the prior comments! So MUCH love!

Ash said...

I love her room. I love her name. I love her nickname. I love that you got a brand new crib, how awesome is that! I hope you're feeling well and Emily comes soon! May 7th would be great! Best mother's day present you'll ever get ;)