Thursday, January 2, 2014

Thanksgiving

The week of Thanksgiving my mom came out to visit. We took her to "The House of Q" which has the BEST bbq!  While we were waiting for our food Christopher made this person out of his hat, mittens and torn pieces of napkin--he is our Picasso...
For Thanksgiving we invited the Sister missionaries over and asked them to invite any inactive members or any investigators that they wanted.  They ended up inviting a less active family, a less active sister, and an investigator.  In the end it was just the less active family.  We decided to have dinner at 5.  This had its ups and downs.  The ups--we weren't rushed to get dinner going and we didn't have to wake up early.  The downs--after dinner it was the end of the day and we didn't have time to do a lot.  The highlight of dinner was this fabulous turkey that Ryan and I cooked...
One of my favorite parts of the day was that my mom held Benjamin and I was able to cook/spend the day with Ryan!  It was fun to work with him in the kitchen!

2 comments:

Julie Miles said...

That is definitely a beautiful turkey! I'm envious of Diane being able to just hold Benjamin while you guys cooked . . . Sounds like a great Thanksgiving ;)

Lanie said...

Haha Christopher is so awesome. What a cool hat man. Could he be a future artist? If so I want some of his work so I can frame it.