Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Grandma Christensen Visit Part 2 (Niagara Falls/Palmyra)

On Saturday, October 13th we headed to Niagara Falls.  I have never been and we figured that this was as close as my mom was going to get to going so we packed up the van and headed out...It was raining and cold but worth it!
Buffalo, NY
Niagara River
There are 3 different waterfalls that make up Niagara Falls (American Falls: the tallest, Bridal Vail Falls: the smallest, and Horseshoe Falls: the largest).
American Falls
American Falls
American Falls
There is a boat that will take you up to the falls called the "Maid of the Mist"
Emily kept slipping out of her rain poncho
After we rode on the boat we hiked up the side of American Falls...
American Falls
American Falls
American Falls
American Falls and Bridal Vail Falls
American Falls and Bridal Vail Falls
Nikola Tesla Statue
Train station on the Canadian side
Grandma and Christopher
Horseshoe Falls
Horseshoe Falls
Horseshoe Falls
Horseshoe Falls
Horseshoe Falls
Horseshoe Falls
Horseshoe Falls
Horseshoe Falls
Canadian Space Needle
We stayed in a hotel that night in Niagara Falls and traveled to Palmyra in the morning to visit the Church sites there.
Stained Glass window in the Visitors Center
Christus
Grandma with the kids
Hill Cumorah Monument
It is moments like these that melt my heart!
I am so thankful for my wonderful husband and children
EMILY STARTED TO WALK!!! That is right over this weekend our little Millie May started to walk!
I swear this is a Jensen trait--sticking out your tongue if you are working or concentrating
The Palmyra Temple
Ryan and Kara
Mother and Daughter
Smith Home and Farm...
The colors were beautiful!
Entrance to the Sacred Grove
I am amazed at my little boy Nathanial.  We were walking through the Sacred Grove and he stops and asks, "Mommy will you take my picture here?" I take his picture and then ask, "Why did you want me to take your picture here?" He replied, "Because I think this is where Jesus was". (wipe a tear)
Emily in the Sacred Grove
We came out to Palmyra in the Summer with Lanie but we weren't able to see the Martin Harris Farm so we decided to go see it before we left town...
This is not the original house but it is the original location...
When we were leaving Palmyra we passed a Stretched Hummer, I thought it looked pretty cool...
These are picture from the Palmyra Temple Grounds...
Saying goodbye to Palmyra, what a beautiful sunset

No comments: