Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Emily's Blessing Dress

We wanted to have someone take pictures of Emily in her blessing dress but decided to save the money and take them ourselves (we are trying to save money to buy a new camera).
These first ones have 4 generations of "touches" to them. 1st: My Grandma, Leola Esplin, crocheted the pink afghan; 2nd: My mom, Diane Christensen, crocheted Emily's BEAUTIFUL blessing dress, booties, and bonnet; 3rd: I made the slip that goes under the dress; and 4th: Emily!
 She is such a beautiful little doll...
 We have pictures of the boys in their blessing outfits with Ryan holding them so we needed to take one of Emily...
 
 
 This little girl melts her daddy's heart...
Thank you mom for a beautiful dress!

2 comments:

Shawny said...

You captured such great pics of her. I love the ones where she is smiling! And, the dress, that dress is to die for!

Jensen said...

Just checked your blog and found all those wonderful photos - I LOVE them!!! thanx for posting so many of Emily in that most gorgeous blessing dress! I saw a pic of it on my mom's blog a couple months ago and I've been dying to see the real thing. I'm so amazed that your mom crocheted all of that - and my mom told me about her starting over because the dress was too large - WOW!!!! :-) Some day I would enjoy seeing the dress in person.... :-) hugs to you, pj