Wednesday, July 6, 2011

As of Late in June

Miss Mily looks just like a baby doll (thanks Brandt Family for the cute outfit)
 We decided to bless Emily on June 26th so Clay and Grandma Jensen flew out for the occasion.  They flew to Virginia on Thursday to see Scott and Denisse and then they drove up to Cleveland on Saturday with Scott and the kids (Denisse didn't come).  The kids had so much fun playing together.  Brielle "ooo"ed and "aaah"ed over Mily...
 This is Emily on her blessing day.  She was blessed by her dad, Ryan Jensen and standing in the circle were: Clay Jensen, Scott Jensen, Dan Graves, James Rhodes (from the bishopric).  Ryan gave a beautiful blessing.
My mom made Emily's dress, I made the slip under the dress, and my grandmother made the pink afgan. 
 Grandpa was bombarded with playful grand kids who didn't want him to take a nap, but I am pretty sure he didn't mind :)
 Sunday afternoon everyone took a nap except for Brielle and Braden.  Grandma, Clay, Scott, Ryan, Nathanial, Christopher, Emily, and I all took a good nap.
 Scott and Mily...
 Brielle sure loves Mily
 All the kids loved to play outside, they were such good friends...
 Getting ready for dinner...
 Brothers...
 Ryan and his dad...
 Throwing the ball...
 Playing with toys outside...
 Grandpa and the boys...
 Grandma Jensen with her great-granddaughter Mily...
 Braden and Mily
 Brielle, Braden, and Mily...
 Brielle giving Mily kisses...
 More kisses...
 What cute little girls...
 The kids...
 1/2 of the Jensen grandchildren...
 the other 1/2 are in Montana...
 On Monday Ryan had to go to a class and see 1 patient.  He was done at noon so Clay and Grandma treated us all out to lunch.  I forgot my camera but we went to the "Melt".  It was fun to watch all the kids drink their root beer's out of bottles.  We ordered a couple of different sandwiches and shared them between us.  We tried the Monte Crisco and the Big Popper. Scott headed home after lunch and we headed back to our place.
On Tuesday Ryan had a full day of school so the rest of us went to Turtle Park to have a picnic lunch and play.
I was trying to take a picture of Clay and Grandma with the kids when Nathanial and Christopher thought that it would be funny to cover up Grandpa's face...
 Silly boys...
 Nathanial is Grandpa's buddy!
 Four generations...
 Saying goodbye, Ryan drove Clay and Grandma to the airport Tuesday evening...
 We had a wonderful time with everyone visiting us.  It was a nice relaxed visit with lots of playing.  Thank you Scott, Brielle, Braden for driving up for the weekend and thank you Clay and Grandma for flying out to be a part of Emily's blessing!  It means a lot to us!
On Wednesday June 29th I was working outside and turned on the water for Christopher to play in and he wore himself out and fell asleep on the driveway...
 This HUGE slug climbed up our back steps...
 In one of me previous posts our cousin asked how I had time to make a picnic table, well here is my answer to that.  I don't do house work and my laundry piles up into mountains, the reason?
 This is what happens when I try and clean with a mischievous 2-year-old.  The mess just gets bigger.  We were cleaning the basement and I was sending Christopher upstairs to put things away in his room.  He was doing really well until he got side-tracked with 3 different kinds of sprinkles in the pantry.
While I was cleaning up the sprinkles with the vacuum Christopher had moved into the living room and found a bag of beads to dump out.  While I was cleaning up the beads Christopher had already moved onto his target, the bathroom, were he decided to use my mascara to draw with on the counter.
Needless to say, I would rather work outside on projects than be in the house trying to keep up with everything that Christopher is in to. It is a good thing that he is such a cutie pie!

3 comments:

CJ & LJ said...

Shoot. We DO make half the grandkids. Not for long though! The picutres look great. I really wish I was closer and could meet Emily. I am so glad y'all could meet up for a nice weekend.

Julie Miles said...

I'm so happy that Clay, G.Jensen, Scott and his kids were able to be there for Emily's blessing. Sure wish we could've been there too! I just hope you guys know how much we love you and miss you ;) It seems Christopher knows how to keep life eventful and never boring! Enjoy it . . . they grow up way toooooo fast.

Jensen said...

Just read your new blog post - so nice!!!!! I'm so glad my mom and Clay were able to go back there, and that Scott and his kids could join you - it looks like a lot of fun!!! And Mily is beautiful! and that dress!!!!!! what more can I say!!!!!! :-)
Thanx again for sharing the photos and the narration....you do such a nice job! hugs, pj