Thursday, December 15, 2011

November 2011

I can't believe that Christmas is right around the corner!  I have been so busy, I feel like I am living in a circus! I am going to try and catch up on all my blogging before the new year arrives.
I sent Nathanial to my room to take a nap and this is how I found him (11/10/2011)
Nathanial has been working on his photography skills.  Snuggly is his favorite subject.
The boys have been saying and doing some funny things lately. It is great to see their imaginations blossom and how they can both "see" what the other one is "thinking".  For instance if they are playing Firefighters, one will say something is on fire and the other will say it is on fire too.
One of those funny things they have done is put gloves on their feet.  They thought it was pretty funny!
My sister-in-law always says that her kids look like my brother (and me) and that they don't look like her.  I now understand how she feels look at this picture of Emily and Ryan!
What do you think, is she her Daddy's girl or what?!
Working hard on fixing the bed! Not that it was broken or anything, but it had a screw so it needed to be fixed
Why do kids have such a hard time cleaning their rooms? Or maybe it is just mine that do. It seems like every time that we tell them that they need to clean their room it is a constant battle.  I remember always shoving everything under my bed until my mom made me clean out from under the bed :)
This is what Christopher does instead of cleaning his room.
One morning I woke up and looked out the window and this is what I saw...
A DEER!!
There was a deer running down our street.  I have seen them in various parts of the city (by wooded areas) but never at our house.  Who would have thought that we would see so much wildlife while living in the suburbs of Cleveland?  We can add that to our guest list: deer, skunk, possum, raccoon, rat, mouse, cat, squirrel, rabbit,cardinal, and various birds.
On Thursday November 17th my last birthday/Anniversary/Christmas/ present arrived... A new CAMERA! We decided that we were in need of a camera and started to do some research and decided on a Canon Rebel T3i Digital SLR...
We started looking around for a good deal and came across this website.  If you ever need a camera or accessories I HIGHLY recommend Fumfie.com
The Mayflower Ship
Christopher being Christopher
Emily is such a happy girl! I love her big eyes
It seems like the kitchen is the center of everything.  It is true when it was said "The kitchen is the heart of the home". 
Making dinner
I was playing with my camera and apparently Ryan thought that the flash was too bright!
The next pictures are me playing around with my camera...
Traditions: a long-established or inherited way of thinking or acting.  I remember various traditions growing up and want my children to look back and think of family traditions.  One of those traditions is Friday night movie with pizza.
The boys have a special place in Emily's heart.  They walk into a room and she lights up.  They are very concerned about her and love her very much.  They are always asking to hold her and help her.  Lately the boys have been standing or sitting by Emily and letting her grab their hair.  Emily thinks that it is funny and the boys like that she is playing with them.
Christopher and Emily
Future plumber?
Nathanial came out of the bathroom to show us that he did his hair on his own.
Emily is a quick little girl.  We really have to keep our eyes on her. We put her in her Bumbo on the table while we eat so that she can be with us.  One morning we were getting ready to say the prayer on the food when Emily bends over and grabs a piece of bacon and starts to eat it.  We thought that it was funny.  We tried to take it away, but she made sure that we knew she wasn't happy about us taking it away.
Emily eating bacon
Every time Nathanial and Christopher are playing and there is a "dad" in their play he is always at school.  Apparently, Ryan spends a lot of time at school.  
Ryan's school
Nathanial built Ryan's school (notice the Home Depot apron?)
The boys love it when Ryan plays with them.  There is something about dads being able to play rough-and-tough.  The game they were playing is called "squished".  They pile bean bags on top of Ryan and then climb on top of them.

No comments: